This came today from Amazon – the Parrot AR Voyeurbot 1000.
– populated by robotic Terminators.
(If I were to make a plane or helicopter it would be like this – a button marked “take off” and a button marked “land”.)
I’d been following the development of these drones for a while, and was all set to build one when the community started to talk about a commercial version. I got on the mailing list and bought this one as soon as the announcement went out from Amazon. About 10 minutes later they were sold out.
There is an SDK available, and I just got it all compiling – I’m going to try to build a Windows client for it…
UPDATE UPDATE : Just got the client to build under Visual Studio 2010 – two tips:
1. I could not find the place in VC2010 to update user macros – so I used Agent Ransack to locate the strings for $(ARDroneLibDir) and &(Win32ClientDir) and updated them manually. They actually live in the ..\ARDrone_SDK_1_5\Examples\Win32\VCProjects\ARDrone\ArDrone_properties.props file.
2. You might get linker errors (error LNK2019) about undefined symbols _uvlc_codec_alloc and _uvlc_codec_free until you remove the duplicate uvlc_code.c in the ArDroneAPI source folder.
After that it’s just half a dozen warnings.