More progress in the laser/CNC saga.
I built a cage from steel and MDO for the laser tube – fits really nicely. Next step is to add the first bounce mirror which will turn the beam straight up – into a PVC tube attached with plumbing flanges (The sales assistant at Menard’s asked me what I wanted it for – I’m pretty sure he wasn’t expecting the answer he got).
All the parts are in – I was able to repurpose some Laser Harp spares for the mirror mounts, and found a 25mm Silicon/Gold mirror on eBay for under $30 – a bargain.
I finished the last of the designs today – now all I need to do is cut it out and assemble it.
Pete came over on Thursday night and we tested the ‘volatility’ of the unfocused beam on a variety of building materials…
“Impressive. Most impressive…”